Sithonia, 63081, Halkidiki, Central Macedonia, Greece
Tel: +30 23750 71381
On the western side of Sithonia, Halkidiki’s central Peninsula, where the verdant slopes of Mt. Meliton stretch down to mingle with the crystal clear waters of Toroneo Gulf, lies the Porto Carras complex. The seaside paradise of 1.763 hectares, has a 9 km of unspoilt coastline and 25 secluded sandy coves, each lapped by crystal clear waters offering a variety of services and facilities that becomes the ideal vacation place for all guests.
Porto Carras Grand Resort consists of 4 hotels, an 18 – hole international standards Golf Course and Golf Club, the Porto Carras Domain, a Modern Convention Centre and Μeeting facilities, a Marina with shopping arcade, restaurants, tavernas and bars. In addition, is home to two Casinos, a bowling center and a Wine Hall to test the famous Porto Carras wines.
Guests may also enjoy a variety of sports and entertainment facilities and two Thalassotherapy & Spa Centers, one of which is the biggest (4,700sqm) in South Eastern Europe. Porto Carras Grand Resort offers the “Dine around” program, which allows half board guests to experience other restaurants throughout the resort.
- Meliton 5* Deluxe Thalasso & Spa: 479 rooms
- Sithonia 5* Thalasso & Spa : 487 rooms
- Marina Village & Yacht Club 5*: 97 rooms
- Villa Galini : 11 monastery-style rooms and 13 suites, satisfying the most demanding expectations.
The Thalassotherapy & Spa Centers in Sithonia and Meliton Hotel offer a full range of beauty, fitness and relaxation programs , including massage, seawater hydromassage, physiotherapy, aerobics, weight loss, firming, toning and colour therapy and wine spa treatments.
The private Marina is the largest and best organized in Northern Greece and for years has proudly flown the EU blue flag of quality. With 5.5 metres of water and ample room for 315 yachts (max. length: 55 metres), it is also extremely sheltered and offers all the necessary services. Where else can you moor your yacht directly in front of your suite!
Facilities & Services
The four hotels boast:
At Porto Carras the day is yours to do what you like with, and you can be just as active or lazy as you choose.
For sports enthusiasts, there is a wide range of choices:
- Golf (the international-standard 18-hole and par 72 course is open year round)
- Tennis Academy
- Diving Centre
- Water Sports Centre
- Riding School
- Football pitchs (5×5, 8×8, 11×11)
- Hiking trails
- Beach Volleyball
The four hotels boast: Kids Club. The resort’s team of experienced activities leaders undertake to keep the younger guests creatively occupied, so that their parents can enjoy a few hours of carefree relaxation. Also our expert Animation Team entertains the guests.
The four hotels boast: Gastronomy. Mediterranean cuisine, local specialties and gourmet delights await you in a wide variety of restaurants and bars with fabulous views of the sea and the marina. Also, Porto Carras hosts every summer the “Greek Gastronomy Festival”, with the famous and awarded Greek chefs to sign the most exciting and delicious dishes.
The four hotels boast: Excitement is in the very air at the two cosmopolitan Porto Carras Casinos. Roulette, black jack, slot machines and all the other games of chase, plus daily draws for special gifts, guarantee you a wonderful evening.
Conventions & Events
The idyllic location, superb facilities and discreet security management are recipe for success, whatever the scale of the event, up to and including the European Summit 2003 and also the visit of the President of Russian Federation, Mr. Vladimir Putin.
The world-class Porto Carras Conference facility dominates the area of the marina, is the biggest and best equipped convention hall in Northern Greece and can accommodate 2,300 delegates in a continuous space measuring 1,900 sq. metres. The Olympic Hall hosted the meeting of the European Summit during Greece’s presidency of the European Union in June 2003.
Flexible enough to be partitioned in three acoustically sealed areas, can comfortably host independent events or meetings that are part of the large – scale event. Thanks to its privileged location, it is suitable for congresses, concerts and exhibitions.
The Olympic Hall is ideally supplemented by 2 theatres, Gina Bahauer (indoor 454pax) and Apollo open theatre (800pax).
Also more than 20 indoor meeting rooms throughout the resort can accommodate from 10 up to 400 delegates.
With the capacity to accommodate a total of 5,300 delegates, the Porto Carras Grand Resort Convention Centre is the perfect place for meeting
- Events in numerous indoor and outdoor venues
- Theme dinners in ‘Melisanthi’ wine tasting Hall
- Theme nights, barbeque & beach parties at Kohi – kohi beach
- Private dinners & parties at the resort’s 25 private coves
- Glamorous receptions at the Marina
- Nights with multicultural character in one of resort’s Theatres (Gina Bahauer, Apollon Open Theatre, Open Area Theatre)
- Pre Dinner Reception & Cocktails in the gardens & Sunset Gala Dinner at the swimming pool of Villa Galini, with the astonishing view to Toronaios Bay
- Outdoor Gala dinner in the olive grove
- Cocktail Receptions at the lagoons of both hotels
- Wedding receptions next to the sea Restaurants (Pefko & Pergola Beach Restaurants)
- Entertaining and dancing at “The Meliton Club”.=